Tuesday, July 1, 2014

CD : Ghost 15

'Kabir the Indian poet-saint'' by Kuheli

Sharing with you a song of Kabir saab
translated by Rabindranath Tagore in 1915 for
SONGS OF KABÎR.

O How may I ever express that secret word?
O how can I say He is not like this, and He is like that?
If I say that He is within me, the universe is ashamed:
If I say that He is without me, it is falsehood.
He makes the inner and the outer worlds to be indivisibly one;
The conscious and the unconscious, both are His footstools.
He is neither manifest nor hidden, He is neither revealed nor unrevealed:
There are no words to tell that which He is.
*
*
*
on the dark night
how may i call you?
rain moon

© Kuheli

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

consciousness
holds no name and mine
with every choice I make

(or)

a consciousness holds
no name and mine with every
choice I make; and you?


©JP/davh

4 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, Jules -- though I definitely like the first one better.
    A wonderful reflection of Kabir's song. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made it so well ... got the exact mood of Kabir saab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first one is in my opinion the best version, you did a great job on this GW-post Jules.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.