Wednesday, July 9, 2014

CD : 510 Buson 2


adabana wa ame ni utarete uri batake

fruitless blossoms
are beaten by the rain
in the melon fields

© Buson
(Tr. by Thomas McAuley)

*
every where I look
the yellow flowers of melons
after a sunny day

© Chèvrefeuille

~~~*~~~
baseball size melon
still some time yet before
they are harvested

*
the shape of a star
a fallen super nova
the melon flower

*
attracting the bees
into a horn of plenty
melon blossom waits

©JP/davh

8 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful -- I'm especially fond of the supernova melon flower! For we are all starstuff, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers wait knowing they are good attraction for the bees! Nicely Jules!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely set... each has it's own beauty
    Peace
    Siggi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The melon blossom is rather passive, isn't it? Although it wants the bee, it can't seek the bee, but only wait.

    In the Melon Field

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well written Jules that second haiku is gorgeous ... I like that comparison of the melon flower with a supernova star.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of the spiral universe unfolding as the melon flower does and then of the death of the flower like the collapse of the super nova. When the science shows depict in a fast sequence the birth and death of stars they look like flowers blooming and dying.

      Delete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.