Thursday, July 24, 2014

CD : 523 Basho 5


mezurashi ya   yama wo ide ha no   natsu nasubi

how rare!
on leaving the mountain
the first eggplant

Basho

the sweet perfume
of the Honeysuckle
makes me drowsy

© Chevrefeuille

kiku-no-hana
(listen of - or perhaps to the - flower)

chrysanthemum or
kiku so close to being
my birth month flower

symbol of both love and death
the daisy salad evolves -

once an herb for tea
now official seal and crest
for the emperor

©JP/davh

note: kiku-no-hana translates to listen of flower;
perhaps the many petals look like ears?




5 comments:

  1. The daisy salad evolves...I love this line and both haiku...lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I learned something new today. Thanks:)-

    ReplyDelete
  3. for me was little bit tough to understand the meaning, but thanks for the links .. learned something

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely written Jules .... I love the style you have explored further and I like how you have grown in your writings. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very kind. ~Thank you, Jules

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.