Sunday, July 27, 2014

CD : 526 Issa 5


wanpaku ya mazu tenohira ni fude hajime

in the naughty child's
palm first, a brush...
New Year's writing

© Kobayashi Issa

New Year's Eve
children playing with the fresh fallen snow -
fireworks coloring the sky

© Chèvrefeuille
celebrate many
new year holidays
at any time

some follow lunar calendars and
others follow the earth around the sun

starting in autumn
continuing throughout winter
many celebrate

©JP/davh

6 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Interesting form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .... because every day is a new beginning, no? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this sort of like saying that every new day is the beginning of a new year of your life?

    After New Year’s Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful set of haiku focusing on holiday ~ thanks, ^_^

    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this haiku ... really a nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think at one point in time before calendars, each season was counted as a new beginning or new year. And there may have been more than just the four seasons we traditionally count. So a person who might have been a ten years old could be counted as being forty or more years old. That is at least one explanation for attempting to understand how some of our ancients had such long lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.