Friday, July 11, 2014

CD : 512 Shiki 2

a flash of lightning

inazuma ya mori no sukima ni mizu mo mitari

a flash of lightning;
between the trees of the forest,
water appears

© Masaoka Shiki

the night becomes day
lightning flash colouring the sky -
a hot summer night

© Chèvrefeuille

over the canyon
heat lightning flashes: can it
penetrate earth's’ soul?  

©JP/davh

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful response on Shiki's haiku Jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question! Can it bring any good? Destructive on many occasions though! Nicely Jules!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course it can.. Maybe not... You leave me brooding.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the way you have used the haiku of Shiki and Kristjaan to lead into yours.
    The three together read like a poetic investigation into the power of the lightning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soul penetration is difficult, at least for me, but then I'm not lightning! ;)

    Lightning Haiga

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.