Monday, July 28, 2014

CD : 527 Shiki 5 : haiku series; treasure hunter


sponge gourd has bloomed
choked by phlegm
a departed soul

© Masaoka Shiki

from a bathing tub
I throw water into the lake -
slight muddiness appears

© Hekigoto
far fireworks
sounding, otherwise
not a thing

© Hekigoto

morning dew
evaporates in the early sunlight -
spirit climbs to the sky

© Chèvrefeuille
haiku series:
treasure hunter

child in the sink
a warm bath - she remembered
at her grandmothers’

silent stepping there;
no one spoke of who was not -
the angel mother

words like fireworks
exploded then stopped  - as if
death completed life

memories never
spoken, were allowed to be
lost until later found

in old photographs
that were stored and covered with
decades of grey dust

©JP/davh

4 comments:

  1. "death completes life" that is just so profound... actually if you look at it to never die would also be a curse... maybe death is a release a freedom of sorts!! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful and moving, remembering as a child, times with GrandMaman and GrandPapa...very beautiful series. Cheryl-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Full circle here - lovely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luv the progression from haiku to haiku

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.