Tuesday, July 29, 2014

CD : Ghost 19 Georgia




Georgia asks us to try a kyoka - please go to the CD link for full instructions:
Here is her kyoka followed by my attempt:

in Busch Stadium
the pitcher smiled then let loose
smashing the batter's arm
he sure balled up that inning
two others’d been based on balls*

© G.s.k. ‘14   (use G.s.k. sample without instructions?)

*base on balls - if the pitcher throws four balls, the hitter is awarded a free "walk" to first base.
For some modern English examples:  http://simplyhaiku.com/SHv7n2/reviews/Streetlights.html

kyoka?

Asian Limerick?
by another name, to tame
by taking a pun
like *”balls to the wall” without
a pilot or aeroplane

©JP/davh

*balls to the wall = slang; origin: The "balls" (in older aircraft) are knobs atop the plane's throttle control. Pushing the throttle all the way forward, to the wall of the cockpit, is to apply full throttle. "Balls to the wall"which has come to mean: To push to the limit, go all out, full speed.

4 comments:

  1. the balls now at the end of the throttle are replaced by cylinderical tube like things... but in all old aircrafts the balls are still intact... loved it!! its quite witty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - that particular slang is old! :)
      I added the note about 'them' being in older aircraft :)
      I like puns!

      Delete
  2. Always wondered where "balls to the wall" came from!
    So glad you tried the kyoka -- it looks like a lot of fun. Off to try my hand now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.