Wednesday, July 2, 2014

CD : 504 Chiyo Ni 1


koborete wa tada no mizunari  beni no tsuyu

the dew of the rouge-flower,
when it is spilled
is simply water

© Chiyo-Ni

Rouge is Red so I looked up Red Lily:

Red Lily is the same flower as the Sacred Lotus in the Buddhist tradition.
It is for spirituality and connection to God in a grounded and centred way,
allowing a person to have a wholeness to their spirituality by also realising
the need to develop and maintain a balanced physical and emotional life.
(This information came with an ad to buy a product.)

Then I looked up Sacred lotus: Which is pink;
So perhaps, the rouge-flower is not a lily, but a lotus.

*
*
*

return to oneness
a single drop of dew in
a sacred lotus

©JP/davh

7 comments:

  1. This is a very lovely haiku :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could the flower also be safflower? Because it turns out that safflower petals were used to make rouge for a number of years.

    http://www.jcia.org/n/en/info/b/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting. Especially since there doesn't seem to be any real direct evidence as to a lily, lotus or safflower. They all fit. Lilies, especially blue ones were said to be an aphrodisiac:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nymphaea_caerulea

      Delete
    2. Now *that's* interesting! :)

      Delete
  3. love this haiku

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes a single drop of anything is more than enough!

    Chiyo-Ni’s Prompt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely written Jules .... I like the deeper spiritual layer in this one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.