haru ya koshi toshi ya yukiken kotsugomori
has spring come
or has the year gone?
second-to-last-day
© Matsuo Basho (Tr. David Landis Barnhill)
In Dutch:
de zon gaat onder,
zacht fluistert het jonge groen
de naam van Boeddha.
In English:
at sundown,
fresh green leaves whispering
the name of Buddha.
© Chèvrefeuille
~~~~~~~~~~~
haiku:
three feathers
little bird light song
welcome morning waking me
show the way to day
mallards in the creek
know it is the season to mate
and see the same lady
the birds on the roof
announce the sun is setting
in sweet eve’n song
© JP/davh
Note: In keeping with the theme of firsts... I am not sure where the first haiku I ever wrote is, as I have much still in paper in files. This series could be the first haiku series of that particular year - I am not really sure if ducks mate for life, I know that herons do. This haiku is about 14 years old and was found in one of my poetry journals.
Each one a gem ... I like the ducks best though ... because I love mallards --- of course spring isn't spring without the birds on the roof ... or their lovely morning songs!
ReplyDeleteSo calm and peaceful! I like these.
ReplyDelete