Tuesday, July 8, 2014

CD : Ghost 16 : the marrow of it

Masaoka Shiki (1867-1902), who seems to be as well-known for his tanka as for his haiku.
by: Jen of Blog It or Lose It on ''Tanka by Shiki''

I do not know the day
my pain will end yet
in the little garden
I had them plant
seeds of autumn flowers
                                      © Masaoka Shiki

remembering
Queen Anne’s Lace and chicory
in their swirling dance –
how the autumn-brown stalks
make me dream of summer
                                                                                                        © Jen R.

along the streets
heat shimmers around Queen Ann's Lace in bloom -
                                                             fresh fallen snow

© Chèvrefeuille

~~~~~~~~~~~
the marrow of it

when I was younger
I grew too fast, with leg pains;
bones ignored my tears

my room had corner windows
I drank cherry blossom scents

longing for autumn
as summer then, was a blurr
bones heard nature’s call

settling like seasonal
trees; I too became taller

sensing the changes
of time as the brown leaves fell -
bones aged, as I did

they with resistance bend; not
wanting to deal with extremes

now I am older
I bend, on spring walks picking the
bones of bloomed flowers

©JP/davh

8 comments:

  1. a gorgeous series -- and the final haiku / senryu leaves us so much to think about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "bones of bloomed flowers"

    We ourselves might be those flowers...

    Peering Under the Bean Leaves

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely story ... I remeber that passage too, the sudden painful sprouting from childhood to youth. Beautifully penned.

    http://bastetswakalibrary.blogspot.it/2014/07/shiki-and-tanka-july-8-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way "the bones" carry the harmony from the title to the end - a nice progression Jules

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jules you were on a roll with this GW-post ... very well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the story needs a few more lines...
      You are quite kind with your words - thank you.

      Delete
  6. This is truly stunning, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Jules, this is wonderful. bones of bloomed flowers if exquisite

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.