Saturday, July 26, 2014

CD : 525 Buson 5



shira ume ni akuru yo bakari to nari ni keri


the night almost past
through the white plum blossoms
a glimpse of dawn


© Buson


white cranes
flying above the meadow -
church bells ring


© Chèvrefeuille


matriarch, she drew
just enough breath those last days
to say her goodbyes


living twenty years without
her husband - did she join him?


enduring cold weather;
stayed close to her family -
yet independent


whispering a few regrets
into the bells of my ears


her white wispy hair
framing her face, lined in age
by a good long life


©JP/davh
7.26.14


Note: This is in honor of my mother-in-law who lived a very long life, mostly her way.
I can only hope her glimpse of dawn has brought her peace.

7 comments:

  1. a beautiful tribute, 'whispering regrets' so poignant

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touching tribute -- and the final haiku/senryu is such a loving image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful!! she lived a beautiful sad life... her leaving almost rings a melancholy yet happy for her feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too many women have to live too long after their husbands die...

    A Glimpse Through a Cleft

    ReplyDelete
  5. A tribute to your mother in law ... nicely written ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.