momo no ki no sons ha chirasu na aki no kaze
a peach tree
its leaves aren't scattered
winds of autumn
© Basho
a young cherry tree
this spring will be the first
to bloom for Buddha
© Chèvrefeuille
cocoanut palm sways
drupes from inflorescent blooms
three eyes see clearly
©JP/davh
Notes: I am not sure why I started with the coconut palm, but after
doing some research it seems like a very good pick. Seeing as the
palm flowers are both male and female on the same plant. Out of
respect for the ‘time’ of Master Basho, I chose the archaic spelling
of coconut. And it was just a bonus that the shell has three
clearly at times than humans?
Also the ‘nut’ not a nut, it is a drupe.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/drupe?s=t
Wow Jules this is gorgeous and so well in tune with the haiku by Basho. The cocoanut is a really fine image to use as are its flowers both male and female. Nature makes no differences so why do humans make differences ... we have to learn from nature ... she is our true Mother.
ReplyDeleteThank you. There is much to learn from 'The Book of Nature'.
DeleteWe are all born loving - it is our nature - humans teach hate and fear.
ReplyDeleteA lovely tribute - loving the research!
Truly quirky and wonderful - I love it. :)
ReplyDeleteLovely! I imagine the eyes looking at us!
ReplyDelete