Tuesday, July 22, 2014

CD : Ghost 18 : Bats


hot night --
bats dangle
at the river's edge

Issa (tr Lanoue)

July dusk
bats flitting in the lamplight
shadows flicker

© Jessica Slavin

late at night
bats fly around the block
on the hunt for food

© Chèvrefeuille

creek bats
make no sound
that I can hear

worth their weight in gold
tipping natures scales

while they dine
during the moody dusk
just before dreams

©JP/davh

4 comments:

  1. It's all wonderful -- but the final haiku is divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes--these are fantastic. Thank you for responding to my prompt! So fun to read the responses :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You paint such lovely images here

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.