Sunday, July 6, 2014

CD : 508 Basho 2


te ni tora ba kie n namida zo atsuki aki no shimo

if taken into my hand
melting in the heat of tears
autumn frost

© Matsuo Basho (1644-1694)

shadow holds frost line
sharp bits of my home ~ made soft
by autumns’ breathing

©JP/davh

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous in so many says -- the shadow holding the frost line, the harsh places becoming soft -- really lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful in so many ways. Simple but so very deep. Well done my friend.

    Melanie
    bd

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely haiku ... I loved every word.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Powerful shadow...to be able to hold a frost line!

    First Frost of Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes so beautiful my friend.

    Melanie
    bd

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.