Monday, April 22, 2013

Work It, Word It, Dance : Quickly 20 projects prompt



Work It, Word It, Dance!

Surely being green could be without envy,
though cold the emerald is a warm stone of earth
Jealousy can be a fine tender, sparking action
Joie de vivre - but be careful of full blown flame!

See the frog, tortoise, even garden snake -
taste that apple, benefit from the Granny Smith
Smell the fresh scent, hear the crispness
Touch your soul to an ethereal Eden, be Eve -

Pumpkin went a waltzing even with two left feet
on the parquet dance floor tripped sentences into the night
One foot fall after another until heaven on earth was reached
at the altar in front of witnesses; repeats “I do”.

See the bee, the fly, even the snake oil salesman -
all wanting just a little bit of something in life that is sweet
Smell the grease, benefit from the turkey bacon, hear it sizzle
touch your taste buds ...see it fry in the morning skillet

Pumpkin went a waltzing, in a do-rag dusting mightily -
mites in sun rays stare beaming through the window
One year followed another until false retirement was reached
At the keyboard in front of no-one; repeats “I do”.

In that part of hazel, which is green, the eye spied
blinking in mezmorized belief that words could too sparkle
while winking with resounding disbelief that the spark ignited,
the flame lit the way and now this verse is complete.


©JP/davh

Note: It ain’t quick when Quicky prompts it! At least not this one :)
I’m not sure if I got in all twenty or not. But stick a fork in me...I’m done (with this one).
I did have fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.