Saturday, April 6, 2013

Miz Q #6, My Sharona


http://imprompt.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/april-6/

Week One, Day Six

PROMPT SIX: SONG TITLE SCRAMBLE
The easiest way to do this is to randomize your playlist in iTunes and write down the first five titles, but you can find your own way.   We want five song titles in an order you did not plan. Song title one tells you your subject. Number two tells you something to hide (however you want to interpret that) Within the text of the poem, include the other three titles–word for word.

My Sharona

Between the stone
near the garden gate
enveloped and hidden
I’ve told you all
you need to know.
You’re in my heart,
You’re my best friend.
You must believe the
Spinning wheel
of war will end.
I’ll find my way
back home to you,
Until then, teach
your children well
so that when I do return
perhaps they will come
to love me, as
we love each other

©JP/davh

MY SHARONA by the knack; SIGNED, SEALED, DELIVERED, (I’M YOURS) by Stevie Wonder; SPINNING WHEEL by Blood, Sweat & Tears; YOU’RE IN MY HEART by Rod Stewart; TEACH YOUR CHILDREN by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; YOU’RE MY BEST FRIEND by Queen.

OK, I agree that was just too easy...So I’ll have to try that again another time.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes! I love the way you used Spinning Wheel! Well done, Jules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I wasn't old enough to remember all of them...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You listen to the same stuff I do!

    I like the small intimate story you weave [heh heh].

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I remember all of them, and sing along when listening to the oldies station. Also like what you did with spinning wheel.

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/04/06/a-single-suitcase-of-memories/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jules, nice how you laid this out. You also reminded that I was supposed to use a song title as a title, oops.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bravo! Clever and fun! TEACH YOUR CHILDREN by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, is a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.