Friday, April 12, 2013

Shipping - Miz Q #12



Week Two PROMPT TWELVE:PLAY Choose one of the poems you’ve written this month and play with it. *Google Translate it through two or three languages *Or you may want to build a new poem from the new parts. From my April first piece Expedition and then to something new...

The first verse is the English translation from the German, which was translated from Italian.
The Second ‘Shipping’ is the new piece.

Shipping

pay no mind
Fashion, develop forging
own Trope ... fluctuating

Lips have a song bag
scattered dust bag

in the attic of his
Spirit held as a portfolio in place
Time, as the pot of gold

Shipping

On the ship foghorns blew
Uniformed sailors; crew
Sang ditties to scatter ghosts

On his lips
his bagpipe bellowed, scattering gulls -
Roosting birds flew

Would they make safe landfall?
Captured Leprechaun's treasure -
Stowed below, would fate ensue


ensue: 2. to follow as a consequence.
Instead of a renga I alternated Kelly and Collom Lune forms, which use word count not syllables.
©JP/davh

6 comments:

  1. I like that "spirit held as a portfolio". hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore "shipping", Jules. Lovely poem.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beauty is, any or all could be the case...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is wonderful! Yohoho and a bottle of rum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this stuff works, making sense out of nonsense. Like the first piece, really like the second one.

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/04/12/while-the-pelican-was-water-skiing/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just keep playing. Actually I am enjoying the just playing, myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.