Wish you were here! Postcard Poetry...
Just Right!
Who takes a single shoe to Italy?
For you dear anything...
How else could I communicate the size?
Red leather, of course! - To my surprise...
Just down the street on the first day here!
So I’ve sent you this postcard just to say...
In ten days time, when I’m home safe and sound...
This postcards’ already arrived at your door...
Soon you’ll be stomping on the floor...
In your new shoes - from an ancestral shore...
I’d do anything for you, dear. Well almost.
0X0X0X ~Meee
©JP/davh
Really did happen almost 15 years ago. But for family you do crazy things -
Like take one shoe to Italy. Just to bring home three!
I've done crazy things both for family of origin and more often, for "family" I've made over the years. Best was sending my friend Sidnie's favorite bra back to her after she visited and left it hanging in the bathroom. I wrote in the note, "Hope your cups runneth over!"
ReplyDeleteGreat to have these memories, huh? Thanks, Jules! Amy