Monday, April 8, 2013

Miz Q 8: A Successful Revolt


Miz Q 8 abecedarian acrostic

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz - A Successful Revolt
all bow cautiously down   
biting calloused damp edamame -  
can disciples escape? floundering     
destitute, emotional foraging, grasping          
every formally garnered hypocrisy.
fear grabs hold - introduction
grants higher ideals judiciously -
hell inscriped jinxes knock
incessantly jabbing knowledge, life.
jurors kick lackadaisically, mangaling
kindness, laws morose, nonexistent.
litany mangled natures oppressiveness.
menacing newer opposition persists,
nice overwrought people quake,
overall peace, quest, reawakens
persists, quietly  rising serendipitously,
quelling ridiculous sanctimonious trivia
relentlessly, surpasses treachery untied.
subsequently traitorous underlings vanish.
trembling unimpressive vandals waffle...
umbilical veins wan, xenophobic
vulgarity walks, xyst-like yielding -
wards xanthic...yelps, zigzags.
xenial youthful zealots applaud
yelling, zipping abandoned barricaded
zones, apply bandages caringly
                    
© JP/davh
Edamame: is a preparation of baby soybeans in the pod... The pods are boiled in water together with condiments such as salt, and served whole. ...the dish is most often found in Japanese ...and some Chinese restaurants, but has also found popularity elsewhere as a healthy food item. xanthic: yellow or yellowish in color xenophobic: unreasonably fearful of or hating anyone or anything foreign or strange. xenial: the rights of a guest, hospitality... pertaining to hospitable customs. xyst: to scrape

While not exactly sure what the prompt was requesting, I took the abecedarian acrostic literally.
And I got out my Webster’s for help. Might have stretched a few meanings...and it isn’t exactly a smooth read. But it will have to do. I also added the challenge to use four word sentences in repeated alphabetical order...dang that was a work out!

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Well done, Jules! That a big task to complete that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh .. this is so GOOD, Jules, really wonderful! I love how you put it together! I'm sure it was a work-out, but it WORKED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! That extra fillip you gave yourself would have had me crawling home.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I only meant to be opening the prompt to any of the variations people brought tonthe table. Including ones like this

    ReplyDelete
  4. And just how much weight did you lose after doing this doozie? My mind quivers at the thought. Hooray for Jules (you can take a little break now).

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn, Jules, that looks like it was a lot of work. Well done.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jules, thanks for stopping by and hipping me to this poem. What a feat you have pulled off here... I have a bit of the OCD in me and watched the poem unfold, recounting the alphabet within an alphabet with complete admiration. You know, it's coming, the time when people are going to get hurt for standing up for the rights of others. It happens in every country, and with the militia nuts all banding together like a Ted Nugent concert audience, the "apply bandages carefully" is an apt ending. PEACE. Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.