Monday, July 8, 2013

overheard : WWP 164 : prompt; listening



overheard


heartbeat.
that was at the beginning.


voices; the one that reverberates
to my core - soft, and soothing


the deeper one, both close and far.
agreeable, concerned, companionable.


the unique pitch, giggling, singing -
sometimes fussing, frustrated, fickle


they wait.
as I spin, rotate, attempt to relocate -
unflapped by authoritative voices
proclaiming ‘due dates’


I have heard - that I will by choice
or other means...arrive tomorrow


to hear giggling, singing -
fussing, frustration


cooing, celebration,
joyous revelation


for a new beginning
heartbeat.


©JP/davh


Note: the voice of one yet to be heard, until tomorrow sometime.
Our newest arrival.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely precious. Thank you for writing from the perspective of of your new little blessing.xoxo teri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.