Never one to leave well enough alone...I took up the second prompt challenge:
choose 4 words from one list write five poems in five days:
(#1) They’re Off
It wasn’t like he was in a disguise
well how could he be,
they were all in the same uniform
all I could do was point -
my hand alternating from
a straight pistol formation
to ecstatically waving
in the merest of hopes that he
would see me for one last time,
before my hero along with all the
others braving their way into that long
deployment away from home
would see me and remember
that my heart belonged to him -
he wasn’t married to the Navy.
©JP/davh
If you haven’t figured them out by the end of the series...
I post them with the last piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.