Sunday, July 21, 2013

Oasis of an Inkling



Oasis of an Inkling


It seems as each month passes,
even with its countable blessings
there are more dark anniversaries


While I remember your birthday
yesterday, it is just an occasion
to remember that you are not here


to witness and partake in the newest
life that adds to your, our family tree...
so I recall - you are not here...


and that yesterday brought more less
enchanting news - the reviews of
test results, seeking more tests


which may result in another loss
however that undetermined blob or
blot decides to progress in an elder.


The mail also delivered the overdressed
proclamation of giving birth and death dates
of a great aunt who...passed.


Though not coherent in later years -
almost reached the century mark.
So I ask, when do we really die?


Is it when spiritual essence ascends -
if that is what one would like to believe,
or is it more of a slow progression...


The bits of scab and dead skin that
flitters off as we toss and turn
while traveling through dreams?   

©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.