Friday, July 12, 2013

a haibun: Consequential : for three poetry prompts

4) From loss of  the old and lack of  the new.  And maybe even for:

a haibun:

Consequential

He’s three.
I mentioned the word forest.
And he asks; what’s a forest.
‘All grown up’ asking questions.
~~~
I’m, well a whole lot older -
being ‘Grama’ - I ask questions too.
My question is: How do I stay young?
I’m not saying to look young - that’s different.

I want to be able to once again or yet -
enjoy life without having to be so accountable -
For the bills that pile up or the headline news
which likes to sensationalize more woe than good.

I’d like to visit places I’ve ‘armchair traveled’ to -
Take some of those funds I’ve worked for and saved
and reverse my aging process...
I wanna have the time to have fun.
~~~
She’s in her nineties - not getting any younger
All grown-up, and at this point ‘been there done that’
Got t-shirts for everyone else to remind them of
where she’s been, but she’s not going fast or far - these days

embracing the years -
responsibilities loom
woven in living

©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.