Sunday, July 14, 2013

With Respect... : Miz Q: Mapcrunch

Mapcrunch inspired via Miz Q


With Respect...


It was there at the north west bend
of the road in Idaho on Highway 11
I was on my way to a cooler climate -
escaping the summer heat I saw
the makeshift memorial. It’s not like
we don’t have them at where I came
from. The name on the stick was so
weathered I couldn’t read the name.


I pulled over and stopped. Got out.
Someone had lost their life here.
There were remains of plastic
flowers and stuffed animals.
Someone had been here recently.
The ground had been disturbed.
The rain had left a fading trail of
footprints into the forested area.


I got back in my car. The hairs on the
back of my neck prickled - I made sure
all of the doors were locked. Maybe it
a silly thing to do. But I had wanted to
slow down and make sure that I sent a
prayer out into the ether...evidently I
wasn’t the only one. Someone loved this
lost soul. But I didn’t need to know who.


On somedays I think karma can be kind.
As I drove away though,  I wondered more
on the how, than on the who had been taken
away from someone  -  someone who still
visited to place fresh wildflowers, in what
seemed like a such remote place. But then
for all I knew just beyond the trees there could
have been a backyard - and a haunted home.  

©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.