Thursday, July 18, 2013

Smooth Sailing : for Miz Q

(same four words 2nd piece)

(2) Smooth Sailing?

I look like I am in a disguise, hair
held up by my red paisley bandana -
I watch the clothes waving on the line

I point with my finger at the bird who has
left a ‘present’ on my washing - I make
a frowny face, and squeeze my eyes

I wonder what port o’call my hero
has pulled into today, the last post mark
was from Marseilles, France

While I think of his Old Spice
aftershave, I wonder if he’ll send
me home some perfume...

I am sure that my sailors’ letters are
sealed with one hundred and one kisses
just for me, his Navy wife.

©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.