Friday, June 28, 2013

a haibun: Memory. Myself. New Idyll? (P10):WWP 163

a haibun:  Memory. Myself. New Idyll? (P10)

Me:
The raging storms cleared... those green jealousy and red rage emotions
weren’t needed, those thoughts tagged as wreckage and debris. After a
over half a century as the landscape changed, security settled in and life
had become easier to negotiate and navigate.

Myself:
The sun was low but still high enough in the sky. Family visits were behind
us, on the last day of vacation I was thankful that the tide had gone out. I
wasn’t interested in getting into the warm ocean, I was  just happy to troll
the abundant shell line.  While he waited patiently for me, my beloved. As
long as the sea gifted the bits of coral on the Gulf shore, (some too from
the Atlantic on the first day), I could take it home and continue growing,
healing and imagining the best in life.

I:
Id knew and an internet search on line confirmed that coral was waste -
beautiful nonetheless. The skeleton build up over many generations of the
different marine invertebrates. Each roundish impression had once held
a living animal. Now those same depressions could become like knots on
a story counting rope... As she collected bits of treasure, she thought of the
old photos of her mother as a child, that her cousin gave her when they
visited. Found pages to add to the rich story of her book. The one that was
still evolving.

Eve’s daughter changes
from child, to sacred vessel;
full moons become poems

(c) JP/davh
*Id are the instincts closely connected with the body
idyll: 2. a simple descriptive or narrative piece in verse or prose.

Note: The prompt just fit so well with a flash fiction piece that I already wrote...
that I just reworked it to the new ‘idyll’.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I really liked the ending haiku. It summed everything up. "Full moons..becomine poems' yes, something in us will emerge as poetry.

    Actually, I thought when we finished this last prompt, we would have some sort of summing up discussion, how things turned out, how did we feel about it, ect.
    But now we are moving on to something different -
    not sure if I am ready to move on just yet...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.