http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2013/07/25/prompt-167/
kaleidoscope poem...
Sunken Treasure?
salt emotions, the tears of joy
from the sea that takes away
that which we love
but thankfully on ebbing tides
eventually returns that which
we think belongs just to us
while apart twisting our dream visions
we have to *sally forth perhaps, soldier on
in our uniform disguise
trying to remember just what was the point
to the separation - was it to become
a hero waving democracy
only to be thwarted by disease - and
all the other lies that were never voiced
once death called
the love once thought to be forever
landed squarely, thickly as wooden chips,
that weight - was on your shoulders
perhaps we can tell them ...when they
arrive...that counted years mean nothing
and we are indeed together again...
©JP/davh
*sally forth = verb; set out in a sudden, energetic or violent manner
Note: early death prevented love to blossom. If we can believe that
the dead can meet ... then perhaps this couple is together again?
The link is to the series that I took the 'bits' from:
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.