Saturday, July 20, 2013

Family Time : For Miz Q

Fifth poem in the series; use 4 of the same words
for five poems.

(5) Family Time

I’ve gotten letters and postcards
from all over the world that point
to where you’ve been

Oran, Barcelona, Athens,
Istanbul, Leghorn, Cannes,
Lisbon and  and Naples too!

My guess is that being a Navy
wife during times of peace
was indeed a very lucky thing!

There will be no disguise my face
when I welcome you home, both
of my arms waving ecstatically

To welcome home my hero - my
helpmate and my husband. Now
your duty done, we can begin...

©JP/davh

The four words that I have been using for the 5 poems in this series are:
disguise, hero, point and waving. I chose to use my mother’s voice for
these five poems, using the Port O’Call booklets my father collected
during his tour of duty in the Navy (in the mid 1950’s). Kind of apropos

as today I remember his birthday. And wish that he were still here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.