Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Much More Than Muzak : for Miz Q

Have a listen to this Miz Q prompt :)

Much More Than Muzak

As fast as a racing train my heart
rhythm joins keys skillfully hammered
the pounding of tunt stretched skin and
tympanic touches - remembering
crashing on the skylight and the
thunder announcing, demanding attention
of the weather change

I want to get up and run as far and as fast
as I can - away from yesterdays’ news
the words that say there are limits.
While we know there is that stop sign looming
and eventually we will all end up
either buried or as ashes...I reason that
death is not really cruel - just the waiting

Flip the coin, rejoice and celebrate
with every new birth, boys and girls -
as they wake to illuminated days to see
the loving faces of their families - balance
them in your arms and on your hips, dance
to glories - advantages, hours, fresh apples.
Find excuses to embrace time and live.

©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.