Saturday, July 13, 2013

Silo Ridge : Miz Q : Summer '13



Silo Ridge
Uncle Ned could have sworn the barn was right there.
Well maybe it was fifty, thirty - even ten year ago.


He must have plum forgot that Pop sold the farm.
But then half the time Uncle Ned forgets who he is.


Pop left enough to care for his brother - but
after being born on the farm and working it all his life


He just wanted to see if him and his prune wrinkled skin -
might just up and like to see the world a bit.


After all we kids weren’t interested in the long hot days
offering little to fill our imaginations or bellies


And college well that just done and opened our eyes some.
After Mom passed... Pop decided it was a good a time


as any to travel. And he got himself a pretty penny for
primeland to that real-estate developer.


Folks like living in North Carolina where it’s warm and
they don’t have to shovel snow in the winter.


Yes, Nell, I know Uncle Ned’s fallen asleep again and
we ought to get him back to the nursing home.


I look through the windshield and see a pair of hawk. One
day I’ll be just as free. After I’ve paid off my student loans...



©JP/davh
With thanks to the random view of Silo Ridge, NC via

I could get lost in mapcrunch... Thanks Miz Q

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.