Saturday, July 20, 2013

Transformation : Miz Q : Workshop 1

Perhaps a non-traditional haibun?


Transformation


The breeze billowed disturbing the flag that marked our forested
home in the late afternoon the seasons identity was lost as leaves
landed on the small door pane - it was an incredibly cool break
from several days of unrelenting heat, while I alone...waiting
every day and then again every hour for my wanderer...


was I hobbit or
fairy between those pages
in the library


Blown away by the migration of evil - I clutched the wings of my
costume in front the hovel I imagined as home the late afternoon
I awaited rescue from the legendary noble my eyes glazed over
in day dreaming but I was a mere flyspeck waiting for time to jump
start or Mother to announce lunch was ready -


good books are like that
transporting you to other
times and strange places


Now looking back, reflecting - I understand that freedom of time
was an extravagance.  I rarely don makeup, but I can put my finger
to my lips and signal for quiet - when I want to be left alone... one
does not have to say a sharp word to their darlings when they have
an inkling to have some quiet time.


©JP/davh
With the help of the online dictionary and thesaurus I chose six words for the list:
wind, waving, disguise, fabulous, glass, point, and hero. I first was careful to
‘transform’ my verse using selected words. But then as the story evolved I just
used the alternate words to speak where they were best suited. I used one
alternate for each word three times. Once in each paragraph stanza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.