Friday, June 20, 2014

CD : special 98 : lively


a haibun
lively

she danced to save her life
even with covered vails
across her face, her grace
the movements drew him
to want to understand her motivation
to find her inspiration for innovation
to see if he could tame or capture
and slowly release the magic she
possesed and contained

prize; orphan of war
groomed of silt and mud, perfumed
she could dance higher...

c JP/davh

4 comments:

  1. i think it's your best piece I have read so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and moving haibun for special music ~ can see and feel the whirling of the dancer ~ thanks, Happy Weekend ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the danger, fear, yearning in the first portion -- very modern-day-Scheherazade. And the haiku/ senryu is exquisite -- groomed of silt and mud -- wow. And still ... still ... how many times does this happen in real life? Tragically, probably much more than we realize. A brilliant haibun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so alive and the images crytal clear --- a great take on the music prompt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.