Sunday, June 22, 2014

CD : 497 nakeness

1
open raw wound layers
exposed frail bones there and cracked
foundations, see repairs
2
relentless the sun
burns through many layers, leaving
taunt lobster-like skin
3
thoughts lining his skin
heart flow of ink was his tat
remembering ‘Mom’
4
bare, souls of poets; like
graceful prayer flags hanging
in the elements
5
all words are equal
in their nakedness, speaking
honest intentions

cJP/davh

5 comments:

  1. this is a wonderful series of haiku -- but I'm especially liking the fourth one -- the poets' souls flying like prayer flags -- a really gorgeous image and metaphor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this sequence and its inner links

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to imagine with you that all words are equal in their nakedness...

    Naked in the Grass

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful...so deep and reflective!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have undressed nakedness to its inner core

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.