The 17th century nursery rhyme:
‘Buttercup, buttercup why do you glow?
The sun hits your petals and that’s when I know,
You make my chin yellow with buttery light,
It’s bread with your butter for supper tonight,
So come with me buttercup, come and you’ll see,
You can make butter for baby and me.’
~~~~~~~
haiku
remember painting
my chin yellow, long ago -
blind coyote eyes
~~~~~~~
There remains some question as to the validity of the claim:
I am always learning something new.
I hope you like to, too.
©JP/davh
The fun of painting my chin yellow brings back thoughts of childhood.
ReplyDeletejanet
In childhood I was fascinated by buttercups.. Nice to read your feelings.
ReplyDeletePity the coyote, no longer able to see the buttercups! ;)
ReplyDeleteAn Offering of Buttercups
ReplyDeleteThe juxtaposition of the blind coyote eyes and the memories of youth is so sad .... I was glad you added the (hysterical) article at the end -- that's priceless. :)