Friday, June 13, 2014

CD : revise that haiku 6

yube ni mo asa ni mo tsukazu uri no hana


it belongs
neither to morning nor to evening
the flower of the melon


© Matsuo Basho (translation by R.H.Blyth)

in her realm
the flowers of the melon blooming
at noon

© Chèvrefeuille




melon noon bloomer
abundant flowers sauteed with
butter; taste the sun

cJP/davh

Note: Perhaps it is true that some poetic minds think alike?
I, like Cheverefeuille,  also have ‘noon’ in my haiku because
I thought if the melon did not belong to the morning or evening,

what was left? :) I wonder how many of us thought this way?

2 comments:

  1. Good for starters naturally cooked! So be it! Nicely Jules!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jules you have revised this haiku by Basho in a very strong way and you even have used a little of my revised haiku. Thank you I am honored.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.