Saturday, April 7, 2012

Story

Story
songs
dusk broken
blood, marrow, additctions
staggering sorrows buried, mate
destiny

JP/davh

Process notes: stuck on the Elfje form ...with adding the title all the Wordles for number 51 are used. I’ll add the link tomorrow when the Sunday Whirl goes up.

http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/wordle-51/
You can find more and about Elfje here: http://simplyelfje.wordpress.com/

I felt that I might have ‘cheated’ by only using the twelve words... so I came up with this addition...flash fiction, perhaps?

Destiny
Jack. There seems to always be someone named Jack. Quite ornery when indulging in his addictions. Cruel to the depths of his marrow. We knew the only way to save ourselves was to catch him while he was staggering. He’d just caused us too much sorrow. Ripping us from our island home in the middle of the night after putting bullet holes in our parents head. There was just too much blood for us ever to forget that awful sight. Abuse to our bodies was the least we would have to cope with. We’d heard of Jack wanting to make slaves of anything he could find that was weaker than himself. So we took it upon ourselves to fulfill the end of his destiny. After a ‘swell’ night at the beach an another day playing Jack’s games, knowing that surviving another day would only bring us more grief at possibly strangers hands off island, I came up with a plan and executed it. We sang songs to distract the bastard. And then with a broken piece of driftwood I killed him. My brother and me, we buried him with our bare hands, finishing just before dusk. He won’t hurt no one no more - and if anyone asks that is the story we’ll tell ‘if’ we are ever asked, - I shake his body to reality and ask; “Right, Mate! 


7 comments:

  1. Powerful tale and very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flash fiction, Jules.

    Happy Easter!

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them both...and will read about the Elfje when I leave here.

    The fiction was gripping and full of revenge (I love a good revenge tale!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved both pieces, especially your poem. I'll also be checking out the Elfje today, seems like an interesting form.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so spare - and yet with those twelve words - it works. That "blood, marrow, addictions" line gets me.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.