Saturday, April 28, 2012

Flowers for Leontien

Flowers for Leontien

My own favorite flower is the Spider Crysanthimum
I held on to the bouquet along with three white roses
On my wedding day...

An almost autumn wedding day
So close that I chose auburn gowns for my ‘maids’

The roses were to honor a grandfather
Who in his later years cultivated with tender care
Those plants and blooms requiring a gentle touch

He passed away just days before I was born
In the winter of his life, in the fall...

What strength can we find in the simple structure
Of the fleeting lace work of nature?
Hope, renewal, awakening...these are my gifts for Leontien...


JulesPaige/davh (April 28, 2012)
http://www.aruraljournal.com/p/flowers-for-leontien.html

Process notes: while visiting another friend I learned of and lend support as I am able, to:
Leontien...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, and so supportive, Jules. Hope, renewal, awakening. Gifts we all need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope, renewal, awakening

    These are precious gifts to offer anyone ... and we have much to learn about resilience from nature!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.