*The Enclosed Marina of the Sun
No longer linked to the ocean
less than a mile away
The water now only a few feet deep
Is linked by bridge after bridge after bridge
Lined by homes that were once bungalows
Divided by small white picket fences
Now sport several levels - worth small fortunes
Each trying to see the sea
Yet all the view provides
In their safe little fairy tale community
Is each others curtains in front or back windows
Letting in or blocking the California sun
There are a few famed folk, or so I’m told
Who nestle deep behind those quaint walls
Perhaps one or two who have a longer
Founding holders with history hanging in their halls
I’ve found a few pleasant moments
There myself wandering up one walk
And down another - as a tourist
An interloping intruder into their sanctum
All I can do is imagine what their thoughts might be
Living in such a semi-private neighborhood
But then a visit ends and I return by plane
From west to east, to my own safe harbor
JP/davh (April 3, 2012)
(*The little enclosed community of Marina del Rey, CA, USA)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.