Friday, April 27, 2012

Road Warrior

Road Warrior
Fluent in the abnormal droning of muttering
Cuss words under his breath
He found it hard to be all that shaken,
It was easy to spit onto the blank canvas of the shoulder
Of the roadway - the juice of his mouth creating abstract art
After a brief moment offering a blank stare
To what ever Motorcycle Gods there might be...
He began to hum as he retrieved some needed tools
As he waited for the engine to stop smoking -
The grind would come later, when he would have to explain
To Delores why he was late when he had promised to
Take the car instead of what he thought was his trusty steed...


JulesPaige/davh (April 27, 2012)
Process notes; written for
http://rosemarymint.wordpress.com/2012/04/25/thursday-melting/
hum, muttering, juice, spit,  abnormal, smoking, fluent, grind, shaken, blank
Really sometimes these lists just take on a life of their own - I saw this challenge in two places and my muse just would not let me pass it by :)

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when the words almost write themselves? ;)
    Love that "blank canvas." Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Quite the "road warrior." :)

    I just like you opening up with this phrase: "Fluent in the abnormal" LOL

    I like this: "the juice of his mouth creating abstract art"

    I'm glad you joined in, Jules. I usually post a word list on Mondays, but I gave a bonus list this week. Thanks for playing!

    rosemarymint.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! You worked these words beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Delores. She fits so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.