Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Life as Pie

...My Life as Pie...
I suppose along with the burnt crust of experience
At this point I’d have to happily state I am that pie
That is full of cream, banana, coconut...doesn’t matter
I’m in your face!

I am hopefully making you laugh most of the time
If we did not share laughter would we drown in each others tears?
Laughter is supposed to make you live longer
Life is good.

I’ve got good family relationships - for the most part
Our home and family cars are paid for
I get to share my dreams with those who will listen
I’m in your face!

I have the everyday problems of every ‘middle-man’
News that’s downright frightening, climate that can’t make up its mind
Prejudice, pompous and rude people...I’d like to think - “They’ll get theirs”
Life is good.

I enjoy learning, I saved up my pennies from working hard
And got myself a gift, a new laptop computer, which I’m learning
To deal with the differences from the desktop which is faultering
I’m in your face!

But hopefully even after you’ve tasted and wiped away the cream
You will see that I’m just like you, mostly - yes we are different
That’s what make us interesting, the degrees of burnt crust
Life is good.

I’m not always a clown, tossing or receiving...
I’ve got a pile of odd socks and my kitchen sink - It always seems
To have something in it - so along with my populous dust bunnies...
me...I’m in your face!

Written for the prompt at:
http://wewritepoems.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/prompt-101-its-post-your-poems-day/



Process notes: I took a more personal approach to this prompt. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I like the personal response you took to this prompt...and I liked the alternating endings to each stanza. Enjoy your new laptop. And yes, life IS good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "in your face" repetition. I'm sure lots of readers will identify with those things mentioned. Dishes and dust bunnies not least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great read. I really enjoyed it. Life is good and we need people with that "in your face" attitude. Glad to hear you're one of them. I also like how gratitude shows through.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.