Monday, April 9, 2012

Feather Light Touch?

Feather Light Touch?

Mourning Doves sing songs
Sorrows for dusk ending the day
Yet joy seeps into the marrow of my bones
The black night sky is broken by
Constellations telling staggering tales
One story after another
Of man's addiction to explaining everything
Orion pulls taut his bow but
Draws no blood upon the bears
Of Ursa Major and Minor
Buried in those same stars
Perhaps is my destiny
I hope for many more years with my mate
Heartsongs in my dreams
Easing the dawn into morning...

JP/davh

Process Notes: this is the third piece for http://sundaywhirl.wordpress.com/2012/04/08/wordle-51/  words being; marrow destiny mate, adddiction, staggering, story, broken, buried, songs, dusk, sorrows and blood.
Most pieces from this list have triggered ‘darker’ responses and the ‘gauntlet’ was issued to write a piece that was if not downright chipper at least ‘lighter’ - I think this piece accomplishes that.
I tried not to be influenced by others writings so I have yet to read those pieces that were stated as being ‘happier.’ I tried writing haiku, using several words in one verse, but I gave up after I could not contain everything I wanted to express. I wrote it long-hand on a yellow lined pad, next to my ‘Mate’ while he watched the last bits of some home improvement show. And even read it (a thing which is not often done) to him - considering he was partly my inspiration. Enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. This is lovely! I love the sky and star imagery, and the hopeful ending. We have been seeing constellations so clearly lately... with Jupiter and Saturn so large in the night's sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Orion pulls taut his bow but
    Draws no blood upon the bears
    Of Ursa Major and Minor"

    Wow, what a great image! Definitely a lighter feeling to this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on addictions and the hopefulness of this poem! Gorgeous writing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules, I like this a lot. Emotions flow smoothly through the poem one after another, and destiny, though powerful, feels kind and wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, especially these gorgeous lines:

    joy seeps into the marrow of my bones
    The black night sky is broken by
    Constellations telling staggering tales

    Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of constellations and all the beautiful images here. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. I like the spin you put on some of those wordle words, like "staggering" and "addiction" - making them work and making them positive. I like the movement from dusk, through night, to dawn. Lovely!

    Richard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.