Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lamentation

Lamentation...

I know you...silently creeping
For seemingly no reason you present yourself
That part of me I bury deep
Seeping in forward in my dreams as I sleep

That emotion of remembrance
The one that is neither right or wrong
Just is, as the day begins with dawn
Providing no answers to me, your pawn

There the briefest of memories...
The lost mothers’ touch
The fathers unspoken words
Unlike some lost lambs I shall never be able to herd

The could have been opportunities that slipped away
The feeling of flight in the sky - that was not taken
During that most wonderful vacation
That was a once in a lifetime celebration

Do we dare name those strings that pull at our hearts
Of the losses shared and private...
I can only offer to those who will ask
That hugs I can share when we drop grief’s mask...

JP/davh (April 12, 2012)
Process Notes: For the prompt that wasn’t...That became a prompt for me...for Mary
Please visit the inspiration at:
http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2012/04/grief.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.