One of a Kind
Oh, my - the best recipe I ever made
will most likely lay in wait for a repeat
as I, not a baker who must follow amounts
religiously to attain angelic perfection...
I just putter in the kitchen
The summer veggies from the co-op,
what ever was uprooted, all take a dive
after being unceremoniously peeled and
chopped; potatoes, carrots, leeks, onion,
peppers of all hues
I sometimes use just water boiled or
boxed stock or my homemade brew
to add some hearty flavor - some garlic
or red pepper flakes or if a sauce I’ll
add some nutmeg
There is one dessert though that I
do make just for traditions sake -
and though I’ve read it can be baked,
I still (the only thing I) fry are the shells
for Cannoli
As it is a time consuming endeavor
I tend to only make it every other year -
the last time I made them I even dipped
the shells in melted chocolate - and
added pistachio nuts
While the kitchen is not my favorite room
I do manage to get by - and often I will hear
from my family a wistful sigh because they
know that if they’ve eaten something good
it was most likely one of a kind
©JP/davh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.