Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Hot Under the Collar : for Miz Q

Change the emotional temperature.
(Point of view series 4)
Hot Under the Collar




Mother went to the edge...

I can only wonder
if she ever did stay on any
straight path long enough to reach its end
It is always a fine balance...
wanting to be friends with
yourself, your children,
thinking how spiffy and wonderful it is to
keep up with or be better than the blasted ‘Joneses’  
Living day to day with nature...
whose idea was it to plow land
to reap harvests after
taking the land that
belonged to all things wild and free
And the neighbors...
what right have they to judge
how anyone else sets their table
or which foreign or domestic car is better suited
to fit into this particular slice of suburbia
it doesn't matter who has this or that
it should only matter that we actually give a damn
especially about each other, especially now!

_________________________________
/........just how parallel are our lives?......../
/.......we are all trying to be survivors!....../
/.....on this one little spinning blue ball....../
/so, you want a medal just for breathing?/



©JP/davh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.