Tuesday, October 8, 2013

For Miz Q: The Truth Set Free



The Truth Set Free


The woodcarver made toys.
But no one wanted hand crafted things anymore.
They only wanted imported goods from far away places..  


The winter was cold.
The mattress lay on the floor, the fame burned.
The table and chairs consumed by fire.


He salvaged his few books, and one
Three legged stool - the shelves long since bare and
Gone to ash... he had saved his beloved puppet for last.


Did it matter if he untied the strings?
He chose to bind the eyes shut so they would not see.
And with his tool scraped off the painted mouth...


He so hoped he couldn’t hear
The echos in the imagined death throes
Of the screams... as his tears streamed...


Down his craggy old face that he
Would bury in his pillow one last time
As he lay broken hearted.

©JP/davh

1 comment:

  1. startling and sad! I was carried along by the rhythm of your words...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.