Amber Waves?
All he wanted was a second bowl of gruel.
Depending on what part of the country you are in
it could have been rice, grits or pone
Some like it in the pot nine days old...
leftovers, two three days maybe
and that is stretching it a tad
Miss Muffet enjoy curds with her whey
most folks now just eat some form of yogurt
maybe flavored cottage cheese
Me, I’m not picky - though there are just
some foods I will not eat, guess you
have to be brought up with some foods
like octopus, snails, chicken feet or pigs ears -
Just give me simple grains ground fine
to make some homemade bread
A bunch of fresh veggies to chop in to
a fine large pot, add some spices too -
along with a small stone to tell a story
while you bring potatoes, he brings carrots
and maybe she brings some string beans -
We’ll share in a feast thankful for friends
Maybe one day there will be enough food
for everyone - no empty bellies off to bed -
All he wanted was a second bowl of gruel
©JP/davh
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.
I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.
Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.