Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sway Me : Miz Q point of view piece #3

(point of view series  #3)
Sway Me


Mama went to the edge...
as she often does
just past my trunk
to see what the flow of the creek is like
It is always a fine balance...
watching her on that makeshift bridge
she doesn’t know it but I’m
always ready my wispy branches
to embrace her if she falls
Living day to day with nature...
maybe it is just the power of
my protective thoughts
that keeps her from slipping into
the, now cooler autumnal waters
And the neighbors...
they have their own guardian trees
some of my sisters or brothers
so I can concentrate
on the one who planted bushes
that attract butterflies and shares 
the summers wild berries with the birds
and compliments the nests in my branches
I
am
more
than just
a simple tree
I am the tree that
she
hugs
talks
~~~\|/~~~to, loves~~~\|/~~~


©JP/davh

1 comment:

  1. this is really beautiful! initially I thought it was someone watching their Mama walk too close to the water, and then, part way through, realised it was the tree looking out for the one who planted her! love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.