Friday, August 1, 2014

CD : little ones 12 Shardorma



The Shadorma is a poetic form consisting of a six-line stanza (or sestet). The form is alleged to have originated in Spain. Each stanza has a syllable count of three syllables in the first line, five syllables in the second line, three syllables in the third and fourth lines, seven syllables in the fifth line, and five syllables in the sixth line (3/5/3/3/7/5) for a total of 26 syllables. A poem may consist of one stanza, or an unlimited number of stanzas (a series of shadormas).


winged entertainment


cicada
lost in the willow
calls for friends
join me here
in the dusk of this fine night
watch glowbugs


glowbugs blink
in the grass, maples
and the pines
signaling
in the dusk of night, listen -
cicada

©JP/davh

This also fits in with this prompt by Bastet over at/here:
http://mindlovemiserysmenagerie.wordpress.com/2014/07/26/bastets-shadorma-photo-prompt-july-26-2014/

10 comments:

  1. really liking this pairing of shadorma! Loving how they mirror one another -- moving from the cicadas to the glowbugs and back -- and how both are paying attention to one another, marveling at one another. This is so well done -- brava!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree.

      Wonderful construction.

      Cheers!

      JzB

      Delete
  2. Oh Jules these are really great shadorma ... love the story they tell, this was brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Jules absolutely wonderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dusk is a wonderful time to listen and see them both.
      Thank you

      Delete
  4. Totally cool --- thanks for giving me the link. Wonderful poem - I like the thoughts floating around very much.

    Fascinating little creatures - cicadas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant and the imagery is so powerful...bravo! j'aime

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.