Friday, August 8, 2014

CD: haiku shuukan 17



as the day rises
Quetzalcoatl climbs the sky -
sparkling dew-drops


© Chèvrefeuille

*
***
*
1
a different type
of phoenix, Quetzalcoatl -
my muse for today
2
waking and renewed
time for circular chores
until rest beckons
3
travel in a loop
path, return to the beginning
- unpacking the car


©JP/davh


Quetzalcoatl was related to gods of the wind, of Venus, of the dawn,
of merchants and of arts, crafts and knowledge. Associated with the sun
a phoenix obtains new life by arising from the ashes of its predecessor.

2 comments:

  1. Really liking your words on Quetzalcoatl and the Phoenix -- great response to the prompt here! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like how you did this Quetzalcoatl series .. I hadn't thought of the Phoenix at all ... I like how easily you used the prompt!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.