Friday, August 1, 2014

CD : 530 mist : what a find?


[ ...] Once I filled my hand with mist. Then I opened it, and look, the mist was a worm. And I closed and opened my hand again, and behold there was a bird. And again I closed and opened my hand, and in its hollow stood a man with a sad face turned upward. And again I closed my hand, and when I opened it, there was nothing but mist. But I heard a song of exceeding sweetness.[...]

what a find?

at the charity
shop; a book and stamp set waits
“Fun with Hieroglyphs”

how could I pass this treasure?
a chance to play with drawn words

to travel in dreams
in the mists of the Nile
carving poems in stones

©JP/davh

5 comments:

  1. the final three lines stand well on their own
    making a fine haiku

    cheers
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules, what a lovely set of verse! Love the last haiku!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun. I love hieroglyphics it's unlocking a bit of antiquity

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of the drawn script of Egypts history ... I can empathize with you ... stamps of hieroglyphs ... wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamps and a book explaining how to use them - for just a few dollars.
      Now making the time to play with them :)

      Delete

Thanks for your kind words. I do review all comments before posting - so if your comment disappears on you, don't fret. I will post honorable comments as soon as I am able.

I do not post or return visits to "Anonymous Comments." Adding your link to an unrelated site will not help. Most everything that ends up in spam will not be posted, especially that which makes no sense to the post.

Any 'opinions' that are not introduced, explained and are unrelated to my post will not be honored. Having a 'legitimate' blog will not help - you will be marked as spam. You will have no voice here. Thank you.